View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 04:11 PM   #51
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I agree with all of this but it still is upsetting. This year has been a near write off from the get go. The team was a tire fire out of the gate and when it looked like they turned the corner and we're going to make a run they flatlined. Shortly after that they go on another huge fall entering the last quarter of the season. A nice homestand and a couple wins against some weak opponents and they have leaped several teams.

This team will be solid without a top 3 pick but adding one of those 3 players could really help build that elite contender for a good 5 year run
I agree completely that the year was/is very frustrating and the team was complete crap to start the season. I am, not happy about it one bit. But I will not be one of those losers that are clamoring for 8% difference in a draft lottery. We have seen first hand from the team up north what happens when you except losing. You lose, plan and simple. Even a golden boy cannot drag a loser out of the losing dumps, it seeps in and becomes a way of life. Flames are battling, showing they still care and hopefully they go into the off season and into next season with that attitude. Not that losing is ok.

We all want the best possible draft pick, that's without question. Some of us are just better prepared to except it may not happen and are ok with it. There are a lot of different ways to build a team and I think the Flames are on a good track without a single top 3 pick.