View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #31
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
Obvious Troll is Obvious.

Fact, this group didn't like looking at an empty ugly lot, so they put a lot of effort into improving the looks. Like it or not this is no different than cutting down trees that don't belong to you because you want a better view.

Millionaires wanted a better view of the city, cut down trees.
Non-millionaires wanted a better view of their community, planted potatoes in decorative tire planters.

The "feeding the community" angle is just a red herring to distract from their ultimate intention of having a nicer view from their home.

Now, we can agree or disagree that a the by product of these actions (lost public trees VS community food) are not equal, but don't act like the motivators were any different.

But hey, keep on raging against the machine if you must.
So am I trolling, or raging against the machine? Come on man, we need clarity!

Maybe it's just a personal matter for me. A few years ago my neighbour's lawn was going to hell while he was on vacation, so I mowed it for him. He didn't seem to mind. He actually bought me a case of beer.

The following December I cut down the Douglas Fir in his front yard and used it as a Christmas tree. He comes knocking on my door and, instead of another case of beer that I was hoping for, he's got the cops with him.

"What's the difference?", I said.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post: