View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #40
Justin Azevedo
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymebalm View Post
This is not true. It's kind of true. sometimes. It was Dion Phaneuf (53) that had the most giveaways this season. Thorton (42) led for forwards. The thing about Datsyuk and Crosby is that they have positive differentials between there GwA and TkA.
same principle. thornton dominates possession, phaneuf is a 27 minute a night defenseman.

oh, and since you're going to be a condescending dick about it - their.

Quote:
This season Jonathan Toews and Datysuk led the league with 56 takeaways. Not players I would define as always "chasing the puck". More like players I would define as "always having the puck on their stick". Toews had just 15 giveaways. So does that mean he must have not had the puck as much?
man it would be great if someone of your intelligence level could find some way to differentiate guys who have skill taking away the puck and pluggers taking it away more due to their possession levels. also toews has traditionally played easier competition.

the point here is that this stat basically takes the least useful players on the team in terms of possession (and winning games) and makes them "good". the players aren't as good and they are more of a liability the higher they score on this arbitrary scale

Quote:
Yea, but the thing is, every team plays in every building and every team benefits and suffers from how different it is rink to rink. And those are the stats, they are official NHL stats.
fundamentally untrue. the rangers have a much higher shot count because they play at msg 41 games per year. just because they are official nhl stats doesn't mean that they're right.

Quote:
Justin, you just lost yourself a reader at Flamesnation. Grow up.
aww man i don't care at all.

Last edited by Justin Azevedo; 08-24-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Justin Azevedo is offline   Reply With Quote