View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #8
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I just sold using 2% (very good experience) and the sellers realtor requested standard commission as part of the initial offer. Our realtor suggested accepting the commission agreement and focus on getting the best price possible. It worked out very well.

I do understand the OP's issue with having the commission agreement added in after the first offer, but ultimately everything is up for negotiation.

And Realtor1, I do respect your professional commitment to show any property regardless of brokerage. However trying to disconnect commission from the rest of the negotiation is a nice thought, but unrealistic. If the market was back to being a sellers market, then you taking $5000 out of my pocket is going to be an issue, like it or not. In the current market however, there is more negotiation room as a buyer usually and along with that is more leverage to get full commission. But there is no question that a buyer would factor the commission schedule into the price negotiation from their end. Though I do understand why you would want to frame it as such to your buying clients.

I don't mean to be harsh in any way, and also completely understand why any realtor would prefer a higher commission. I like getting paid more too.

Last edited by Ryan Coke; 04-23-2015 at 12:34 PM.