View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 07:37 PM   #218
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I guess the Dolphins figure South beach is the one place in the league where opposing players can best get into trouble pre game and want that advantage for themselves?
Some NFL writers guessed it might have been because now Vegas is major player for super bowls, competition for Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I was a fair weather NFL fan through most of my 20's. As a kid I was a cowboys fan and a Broncos fan but not really hardcore either way. I got into fantasy football 4 years ago with my buddies and the last 3 years my wife joined a woman's fantasy league. NFL fandom in our house has increased substantially every year with this being the year we choose a team. Most of my friends root for the Seahawks and I have chosen to dislike that team (a lot of the supporters I am friends with also support the Canucks in hockey so maybe that is the reason behind it?)

A friend of mine is a Cowboys fan and almost had me convinced at the start of last year to pick them but then I heard about the potential for Vegas to get a team, but not any team, they would get the Raiders who are one of the best brands in the league. I watched a fair bit of their games last year and my wife and I decided if thebmove happens we are on the bandwagon now and going forward.

I know a lot of people in the Bay Area are pissed but I am ecstatic on the news. The one thing the Seahawks had was a close proximity and direct flights from Calgary. Vegas is just as easy a location to get to with all kinds of great restaurants, shows, NHL, parties etc.

I am stoked as the Raiders gained 3 lifelong fans today
Ya even as a life long Raiders fan picking it up from my dad when I was little it's bittersweet

I've been to a lot of games down in Oakland and it was a nice place to go and the fans are great, so I feel bad for them. But personally the excuse to go to Vegas now at least once a year will be great. If I lived in the Bay area though I'd be mad, especially since the team looks poised to be a contender going forward

I don't see how people can really blame Davis though, he's giving back any season ticket deposits people made for this year, and it's also a deal he couldn't turn down

I don't think public money for football stadiums makes a ton of sense, if it makes any sense though it would be Vegas, it's a new hotel tax I believe so it's not residents paying for it

But also just from a money sense, Davis is not rich NFL wise and he basically got a free stadium. Oakland wasn't going to give them money, so from a business standpoint it was a no brainer
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post: