View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 06:41 PM   #215
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

That would ignore the great trade they just made for Brock's contract. Ultimately I'm guessing devo is spot on in terms of what the Browns are offering, a couple seconds, maybe a conditional first but that would probably be heavily conditional so maybe like a 2018 or 2019 first rounder if Garoppolo signs long-term (which means he doesn't suck next year). I've liked the Browns moves the most part the last few seasons, I think they're on the right track at least. Gotta be like the Sixers though, trust the process.

And absolutely no one thinks Garoppolo is elite, it's more that teams are simply QB desperate. But time has given people the chance to remind themselves that what he did in weeks 1 and 2 this year....Matt Cassel did for nearly 16 weeks in 2008. Oh and Garoppolo is a UFA after the year and there's no way the Patriots franchise him, maybe the transition tag but that just means right to match. Longer this goes on, the less the Pats get. Browns are in a good spot here, no need to get desperate.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 03-27-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote