View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #149
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacem View Post
I live in BC. Canuck fans suck. I watch a lot of Canuck games, because I like watching hockey and it is the local team. I cheer for the team the Canucks are playing against just because I cannot stand the fan base. They are the worst, that I have personally experienced. If I lived in Toronto maybe i'd hate Leaf fans the same way.

However, I have had just too many ####ty run ins with them over the years that I have no respect for the fan base as a whole. On an individual basis its generally fine, in packs they are generally ###### bags. Obviously, most of my friends are Canuck fans. The most level headed of them agree with my assessment of how ####ty the fan base really is

My experience has been exactly the same.

People compare them to Rider fans, but Rider fans are far more knowledgeable and far less bandwagony than Canucks fans.

There are plenty of knowledgeable fans in any fan base, as there are in the Canucks. The problem is the most vocal fans are also the least knowledgeable. It's not uncommon to meet extremely obnoxious fans who can only name 6-7 players on the team. Or fans tearing into management/coaching, because they couldn't trade Luongo for a top line forward.

Throw alcohol into that mix, and you've got a recipe for a riot.

Going to games is even more painful. Half the seats are empty until the end of the first period, and then half the seats empty out again half way through the third. A large portion of the crowd is no wearing jerseys. A large portion of the crowd is corporate seats containing clients who are clearly uninterested in hockey or guys taking overly done up girls. Expect to see a large portion of the crowd texting at any given time.

The only saving grace to the Canucks' fans base is that as soon as the team starts to lose a couple of games, the tickets become dirt cheap.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote