View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #8105
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

This whole hyping of the Oilers this off season is going to backfire on them. The whole they're cup contenders now, and how awesome of a team they are. All the teams in the NHL are going to use those dumbo's as a measuring stick. There aren't going to be any easy nights for the Oilers.

I'm sure that the Flames will be reminded that the Oilers swept them last year, and they'll come out of their dressing room like starved bears after a long summers hibernation.

And Connor will look at the players around the locker room and pray everynight that Cam Talbot won't falter because this team is missing a top 4 defenseman from last year, and while Eberle was bad, Strome is worse.

But at least he'll have $12.5 million dollars a year to keep him comfortable when he and his Oilers get their teeth kicked in a lot.

I mean even in his heart of hearts he has to know that a team that improves from 70 points to 104 points is a mirage, and illusion, and that when every team amps up their game against the Oilers and every team looks at how Anaheim mistreated him that its going to be a long hard season of disappointment.

And at the end of the year when he looks at himself in the mirror and see's his toothless mouth and he realizes that the sour taste in his mouth is a combination of the bitter taste of failure, the pungent taste of defeat and a healthy portion of his liver.

Then just when he thinks he's at the lowest point of his depression, he'll look towards the 2018-2019 season and realize that its not going to get better, its going to get worse as the competitive window slams shut on his fingers.

But through the blurred vision caused by his tears he'll see a sign of hope and optimism.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 08-22-2017 at 04:44 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: