View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 04:42 PM   #27
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameZilla View Post
One worry with Garnet Hathaway: if we don't sign him to an ELC soon will someone else swoop in and sign him? He's made a really good case for himself all year and it would be a shame to lose him.
Perhaps I could have worded my comment better.

Like Phanthuier alluded to, chances are a team isn't going to swoop in and steal him without him giving a chance to the Flames to offer him a contract as well. I have little doubt though that there are teams out there waiting to see what Calgary's move is though. He's an Unrestricted Free Agent as he's undrafted so he's able to have multiple offers and make decisions from there. I would assume if he was given an offer from another team, he would discuss this with the Flames first prior to accepting it. If the Flames showed no interest in signing him, then he would move on. It's a poor business practice in the NHL to jump to another team when one has invested time into you, even in the AHL.

If it's September 2015 and he has no contract and no talks with the NHL Flames about a contract and another team walks up to him with an NHL contract in hand and a training camp invite, then I could see him moving along.

Last edited by Drury18; 04-06-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote