View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #387
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Honestly I think that they are going to stretch things out, though I wonder how much of a cliff hanger next weeks season finale will have.

I tend to think that they've been building things up to a completely massive and demoralizing loss next week to Thrawn. He's due a big win, Also Tarkin is in next weeks episode as well as rumors of Bo-Katan which means that Sabine might be in the mix.

I still think that Ezra's fall isn't going to be a long drawn out thing like Anakin's was. Its going to be sudden and brutal, because frankly this weeks episode showed that while Ezra is pretty powerful in terms of the Force, he's was too impulsive and emotional and is always rushing off to save his friends. In other words he has a real heightened sense of attachment which will lead to his downfall if it happens.

I think the holocron's are still going to be very key. The biggest thing I've noticed is that Kanan hasn't been all that present in the series and its like he's not involved in training Ezra right now, it feels like Ezra is training himself and maybe not doing a great job of it.

When you look at things it was clear that Maul had no further to go, you almost felt sympathy for him, he was a man who thought he had a destiny, to be a power in Palpatine's new galactic order. But in the end he was small and fairly insignificant and he was lost.

When I look at other characters. I don't know how much further they can go with Sabine, but she might get the heroic return next week and then that might be it.

Zeb really hasn't had any development since the story where he was stranded with Kallus and they bought some real closure with him. How much further can we go with her.

Kanan still has a story to tell, we've learned about the end of his time as a Jedi, but he's never gotten closure to his guilt. And Hera is still a bit of a mystery as well. We've met her father, but we really haven't seen what lead her to where she is today.

Chop originally started as mere comic relief and as the jerk that every crew needs. But he's become a fairly complex and loyal character, and all we know about him was that he was abandoned at the end of the Clone Wars until he was found by Hera.

Ezra is still too impulsive and he seems to be willing to use whatever power no matter what the cost to protect his friends. He's always had this desire to be strong enough to protect his friends and Obi-Wan basically hammered him on that tonight. But that is very much the same story as the fall of Anakin Skywalker who fell out of love and the desire to protect those closest to him. I still believe that he didn't want to initially kill Obi-Wan when he fell, but was trapped by the fall.

Next week should be interesting.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote