View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 06:48 PM   #52
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Pretty much exactly this.

I hate to be a stick in the mud, but this film wasn't that good overall. Really bad first half and they tried to make up for it in the 2nd half. They got close with the increase in action and some well done scenes, but I found a lot of it to be pointless with little drama or intrigue attached to the action. I really thought it was clunky and poorly edited for a lot of the film. Nothing flowed most of the time.

Oh, and the dark humor from the droid was a good idea, but poorly executed. I think I laughed once.

Perhaps with a re-watching I would find it more entertaining, but overall, it was pretty meh.

And someone needs to explain to me why they created a character like Sol Guerrera (like Che Guevara??? Really?) with all this intrigue and back story, and cool mechanization, only to kill him off right away?

Terrible decision as far as I'm concerned. This is night and day compared to the J.J. Abrams excellently executed episode 7.

I give it about a 6.5/10.
I think that Saw was more of a wink towards continuity in the OT. He had a major character arc in the Clone Wars series as he was a resistance fighter who watched his sister get killed by separatists.

It was actually one of the better arc's in a series full of them.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: