View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #46
Prototype

Exp:

SNL lately has been a case of the overused (Armisen, Wiig, Hader... for somewhat good reason), and the underused.

I honostly think they are wasting the tallents of Andy Samberg, Abby Elliot, Jason Sudekis... actually.... everyone else. I really think that Abby Elliot is one of the funniest people they have on the latest cast, and they only bring her out for the Kardashian cameos, or anytime they need Angelina Jolie. She's been religated to a part time Darrell Hammond.

I don't think they trust Samberg, and yet, his digital shorts have been the thing people talk around the water cooler the following Monday. He can be out there, and a different breed of comedy than the usual fare SNL is used to, but maybe that's what it needs. Maybe a little less Wiig doing the same character with a different name in a different situation. Everytime I see her, I see the same character.

Have you noticed that when there's a african american host, Keenan and Pharoah seem to get more camera time. I think Pharoah is a one trick pony with his impressions, which can get old quick, like his Eddie Murphy. But Keenan is funny, and should be on more often.

I'd love to see more balance with the cast, but they'll keep giving us Hader and Wiig and Armisen... because they get the consistant laughs. Samberg should be the highlight of that show right now IMO.