View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #7
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

I owned a home in southwood for 6 years, it is a great community. It was a great place to live, I would never have left but unfortunately our house could not be renovated to suit our needs. My only advice if you choose to buy there would be to look for a place on the west side of elbow dr and in closer proximity to southland dr than Anderson Rd. As Travis mentioned Haysboro is a little closer to downtown and very similarly priced, I also found it to be much quieter. Also avoid any homes with pine trees(or get rid of them ASAP) as these can and have caused some serious sewage and foundation issues for many homes in the area.

It's too bad you weren't looking last year when we had our place listed in what was a terrible seller's market lol. If you don't already have a realtor, I highly recommend Travis, I can't say enough good things about how hard he worked to sell our old place and find our new home. He truly works for his clients, where as our previous realtor only seemed to be concerned with making their commission.
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post: