View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #32
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
They started the green bin program in Airdrie in April, right before we moved here. We really utilize the program. It's very handy, and I have the small bucket on the kitchen counter, and have experienced no issues with smell. Our yard is small enough that it doesn't fill up the bin at all. There is a massive list they gave us, of stuff that can go in there. It has really cut down on the amount of garbage going to the curb.

We use these small bags, and have found them just about everywhere (Co-op, Superstore, Sobeys, and even Costco sells something similar -

I'd love if they started the blue bin and black bin program here.

We use the same bags. All of Greater Victoria has this . The bins for in house are small. Just leave it out side your back door or Patio door. I don't get people being worried about the smell of another bin. Its still going to smell if you put it into your garbage . your garbage is usually a bigger container that sits in your house for more than a day or two. The indoor bins are only big enough for a day mabey two days of food scrapes then you just empty it into your larger bin. To me a lot of people opposed to it seem lazy. "I don't want to sort it out. I just want to pile It in one spot."
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote