View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 04:47 PM   #29
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Thought I'd give this a bump.

2 + years of using the green bin and I still think its a great idea.

A couple of things have changed with my usage since I started using the bin, bags, kitchen pail etc.

#1 I got tired of the kitchen pail and it did become a nuisance so I got rid of it and now I just use the green biodegradable bags every time I prepare or clean up after a meal and then toss them straight into the bin. I thought long and hard about how I could put the kitchen pail to use in some other way around the house and after coming up empty with ideas I finally tossed it into the blue bin.

#2 I have 2 small dogs and I routinely put the yard cigars into the bin, no bag, just straight into the bin.

#3 I have received a few pamphlets from the city with regard to great tips on how to put the green bin and accessories (pail, biodegradable bags, large paper yard bags) to use around the house but never once has there been a mention of a periodic drop off of yard bags or the little green bags. Also no mention of where one can find replacements of these bags.

Overall I'm still loving the green bin idea and it has made yard work so much easier and I like the idea of easily compostable (sp?) organic material going to the right place and being put to good use. If I have one complaint it would be the issue of replenishing the bag(s) supply.

PS; I know I can purchase the big paper yard bags at Canadian tire but I honestly have no idea where to get the little biodegradable "food/poop" bags.

Edit: Also need to mention that I still have a few months worth of green bags left from the original delivery over 2 years ago, they do give you a shwack!

Last edited by Methanolic; 07-31-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote