View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default What's Taylor made of?

So, Danny Taylor is getting the start tonight against Phoenix, if he plays well, does it spell the end for Leland? Taylor is 26, and has seen 20 minutes of NHL ice time, 5 seasons ago. Since then he has been nothing more than an average back up in the minors. His best years have been with the Heat, and it appears the Flames management really wants to give him a chance.
I am rather shocked that they are giving Taylor the nod tonight, coming off a win, albeit a shaky one for MacDonald, it's not like MacDonald has been over worked, it was just his first start, I'd have liked to see him again tonight, to see if he is better prepared.
The shake up between the posts for the team thus far is puzzling, obviously Kipper is nearing the end of a great career, but with Ramo on the horizon, I don't see the necessity in testing out every minor league option the Flames organization has. Some big moves need to be made to make this team a contender, and cycling through minor league goalies doesn't seem like the best route to go. I say pick an up and comer, and develop him. Give him the time and trust they deserve, shattering confidence in a young goalie is not going to fair well for the future.
Just my two cents.
I really hope Taylor holds his own, and changes my perspective, but I see this going unfavorably for not only the Flames, but the Heat as well. How does Taylor recover in the AHL if he gets lit up in the NHL. pretty tough to go back down knowing you may never see the big show again.
wretched34 is offline   Reply With Quote