View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 12:54 AM   #415
The Swedish Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Not sure there's anything new here, but might still be interesting. All of this is Friedman:

“I didn’t like the Hamilton (trade)….I knew the Bruins felt that Edmonton was going to offer sheet Hamilton. And they really felt trapped. And it (the trade) was a move they had to make right away. So I understand how that happens.

“But I thought the process of the way they did it — and to me it was very similar to the way they traded Joe Thornton, like nobody knew… I was at the draft and when the Dougie Hamilton trade was coming down, and it was early and some of the teams were starting to roll in, one executive from a team came up to me and said, ‘I just saw your Twitter. Is it true that Dougie Hamilton is getting traded to Caglary?’ And I pointed, because (Flames GM) Brad Treliving was standing out there on his cell phone, I said, ‘There he is on the trade call.’ And he was furious. He was like, ‘We didn’t know.’ And he found out it was for draft picks and he was upset. Like I think you can look at a lot of the other moves the Bruins made and say, ‘Those were good moves.’ I liked the Lucic deal. But I think the Hamilton one, and they felt they were under the gun, I wonder if somewhere down the road they’ll say, ‘I think there’s a different way we could have handled it.'”

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...friedman-says/
The Swedish Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Swedish Flame For This Useful Post: