View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #666
robaur
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I think a lot of gamers don't realize that the gaming industry has not done well at all over the past few years. Lots of studios have closed their doors and l can't fault Microsoft for trying to expand outside of the hardcore market which has been on the downturn. Will Sony really be a winner if the market they hold is shrinking not growing? Time will tell but you can't discount that there isn't nearly the amount of games getting released as there was at the start of the current console generation while smart device market increases as they are cheaper to develope and profit from.
Exactly.

Microsoft is evolving and taking the Apple route. They are making the Xbox One into a media center/server that is not only a gaming console, but rather an all-in-one media solution. Just look over the next 7 years, Microsoft coders and engineers will add so much more for the Xbox One than Sony will add for the PlayStation 4. That is how it happened with the Xbox 360 and the PS3.

Yes, you pay more upfront for the Xbox One, but you pay in order to evolve with the market. Yes, you can pay $100 less for a PS4, but you will be coughing up money in the future when evolution in technology has passed you by. Then you will be spending money on PS4 accessories.

It's a decision for everyone to make on their own. What are your needs? Personally, I will use the Xbox One as my entertainment center and for my major gaming needs. I love the Xbox Live experience, and I simply hate the PlayStation controller.

Price-wise? I am blessed to have the luxury of not being affected by either console's price. I will be most likely getting both the Xbox One and the PS4. My primary machine will be Xbox as Microsoft delivers a much more complete experience. Also the games on Xbox 360 look much better than games on PS3 even though it has more power. This is my experience, especially with EA Sports games. I have both consoles since the beginning, and have always preferred the Microsoft entertainment experience, although the Blu-Ray capability was great with the PS3.

All in all, its up to you....I am getting both of them to have a complete experience.

I would rather not argue over DRM and always connected internet. I never sell my used games regardless and always have my Xbox 360 connected to the internet. I find it amusing that there are a lot of people that can't stand change and evolution. Gone are the days where you sit with your friends on a Nintendo 64 and play Mario Kart offline, and trade Mario Kart in for Mario Party.

Look at how successful Steam has been on the PC in implementing DRM and no one complained there. Steam has been implementing DRM on the PC since the early 2000s, and where is the uproar now? I think it is a well managed system. Also, why should you be able to play a single player game and then lend it to your friend who can also play a single player game pretty much for free unless he buys the used game from you?

You are profiting from the hardwork of multiple studios, and taking money out of their pockets by doing that. If your friend enjoyed playing a game at your house, then he should go buy that game himself. That is the way the system is supposed to work. Give money to where it belongs. Used games are not much better than pirating, and stealing money from developers. It's no wonder many developing studios are shutting down. People need to stop complaining that now there is enough technology to regulate copyrights and licensing...that there should continue to be no enforcement.

I am all for DRM management and always on internet connection as I follow these principles already.

Recent Example:

Forza Horizon....guy at EB Games had a used one for $50 and a new one for $60. It was in a rare case the EXACT same game whether I had picked one or the other. He was pushing the used game down my throat. Fact is that if I bought the new one, the money would be helping the studio. If I bought the used one, the money would be going straight to EB Games and helping them.

I picked the new game as I am a proponent for supporting studios so they can continue to create amazing games.

I am in a position where a few hundred bucks don't affect my lifestyle as it is disposable income regardless. People need to stop overreacting and/or being cheap.

If a few hundred bucks really does effect you then maybe you should re-analyze as to whether you can actually afford to spend money on gaming and re-analyze your spending budget priorities and your financial well being.

(Most of this post is not in reply to Erick Estrada so please don't take offense to some things I have said. They are not towards you)
robaur is offline   Reply With Quote