View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 03:34 AM   #10
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

The player Klimchuk has reminded me of from the moment he was drafted is Curtis Glencross.

A decent all around player with a great shot. Last year, he was learning how to play defensively. That was something that was lacking in his game because of the fact that he was always the scorer on his teams. It was the same type of hurdles that Poirier went through in learning how to play away from the puck. Now that he's combining both sides of the puck together it's not a shock that he is having success. I would not be surprised if he gets a recall this year, just as I am expecting Jankowski to make his debut at some point.

It is an encouraging sign that he may develop into a quality middle sixer eventually. Just have to see he can both keep it up and build on what he has already accomplished.

Also, speaking of Poirier, he has been getting his chances as well but not getting some shots on net. He has been better thus far this year overall also, but not quite as impactful as his fellow 2013 1st round pick linemate.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote