View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 12:10 AM   #16
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
You seem to know what you're talking about. Have you ever passed a speed trap in your vehicle while jamming the signal pointed at you? When the radar gun displays a JTG message, an officer knows immediately that you're jamming. Isn't that illegal and giving them the right to stop you/ticket you/confiscate the jammer?

P.S> BTW, I totally agree with you on uselessness of radar detectors for detecting laser guns.
I have once, it was my first week with the jammer installed and it caught me off guard. Didn't even think to turn the jammer off. Reduced my speed, and just got the dirtiest look from the officer running the trap. I don't recommend doing it.

Some guns will give a jam code - E01 or E04 depending on model, sometimes the same code used if you were to shoot the gun in the same direction as the Sun) or they'll simply fail to get a lock.

The great thing is that we don't have laws against laser jammers. Radar jammers will get you fined and thrown in prison. Some jurisdictions do have specific laws against active laser countermeasures, but Alberta is not among them. Only province I'm aware of that does is Ontario, and some US states like California, Washington, etc.

Despite that, I would still strongly recommend slowing down and then turning off the jammer as soon as you get warning that you're being targeted. This will allow the officer to get a read on your - now legal - speed, and let you get on with your day. No need to draw unnecessary attention to yourself, even if it is legal.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: