View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 08:34 PM   #21
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
1)
What really has made us happy is the neighbourhood. We're active people, partly because of where we live. My neighbour told me we look like a Participation commercial. We'll do a bike ride in Fish Creek, come home and have lunch. Then walk over to the lake for a swim. Then play tennis there in the afternoon. Then hit Brewster's for wings. In the winter we'll skate around the lake, or around the bonfire, or toboggan down the hill. I honestly believe you could live a very happy, fulfilling life without ever leaving Bonavista. That, to me, is way more important than a fancy bathroom or higher ceilings. So when you ask specific questions about the physical home, there's no doubt the old one was better. But my new lifestyle and neighbourhood are better and are well worth the trade off - no regrets whatsoever about the move.
I'm starting to appreciate this as well. I'm see the value in having walkways where you can walk or bike and a pub and coffee shop nearby. Is it worth getting a bit of a worse house to live in an area with a lot of ammenities? I think so.