View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #131
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Yes you can. But you have to pass him through waivers again. And, IIRC, any teams that put in a claim the first time around get first refusal on the second waiver.

It's a moot point though. You don't claim someone like Erixon in the hopes he helps the AHL team. You claim him because you think he can give you more than Wotherspoon (first demotion) and then Potter (second demotion when Gio is healthy) and Engelland (sixth D; first year of a three-year contract) could.

Calgary doesn't seem to be a fit, really.
I really hope the bolded isn't something that management cares about, though I could see how it could be. It would be one thing if Engelland could shut down 4th lines, but he can't. It's a fire drill out there even when the other team's depth players are out there against him. He's just not good enough IMO. Maybe he was better with Pittsburgh this year, maybe it's nagging injuries or something I don't know, but I'm more nervous when now when he's on the ice than I ever was when we had Anders Eriksson doing his pylon routine when we had him. They should try him at RW if/when he gets pushed out of the top 6, I could see him being okay in a 4th line role.
Fire of the Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote