View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #54
NBC
Account closed at user's request.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
Gonna bump an old thread again.

Just received my MRI results and yay for me, completely torn acl. I guess the only good thing is that the meniscus and all other ligaments are fine.

It's funny now that it is confirmed, looking back at what I have done and what an idiot I was for doing it. I Water skiid 2 days later, I moved into a new place carrying furniture up and down stairs for 2 days, I have been working and getting around just fine, its kind of sobering now looking ahead to the next year is going to be like.

For now while I wait for surgery, the Doc said to go get a brace and maintain activity so as not to let the muscles deteriorate around the knee. (For some reason he kind of brushed off Physio)

I'm wondering what others had for a brace or if you picked one up at all. I have kind of looked at them and they ranged from 100- 1200 bucks. I can handle coughing up a couple Robert Borden's but 1200 bucks is pretty steep.

I'd think that physio prior to surgery is a good thing - better than a brace. I had my ACL repaired last year and was in rehab for 4 months prior to the reconstruction. You'll also get a leg brace post-op as well.

Any decent physio will instruct you in good strengthening exercises you can do that will not put any more stress on your knee that what it can handle.

Good luck with it all - my reconstruction was done here in the UK and not Canada. Apparently the idiot orthopedic surgeon I saw thought I was fine and told me to go home. That was in 2002. I've got permanent damage to the articular cartilage that can't be repaired. So like poor Jiri, I've got pain that may never go away.

Good luck.
NBC is offline   Reply With Quote