View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #1364
wireframe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
One of the things I'm most interested in is to see how Monahan progresses in his 2nd year. A sophomore slump isn't out of the question but I will say this guy is wired different than a lot of kids. He seems more mature and focused than your typical 20 year old and I feel he probably put a lot of work in this summer to improve his game. Would be nice if he could hit about 25 goals and polish up his play without the puck but even if he regresses a bit I feel he's going to be a good player for this organization.
I think that a sophomore slump is not necessarily a regression in development. The slump is characterized by a decrease in points. A lot of the time that decrease in points can be attributed to increased responsibility on the team and added pressure from the defence.

That being said, I expect a sophomore slump from Monahan. He is poised to be a 20 year old second line centre on this team. More attention from the defence should reduce his point totals this year, even though I fully expect him to be a better hockey player than he was last year.

Basically, I am saying that I agree with you, he will be a great player for this organization even if he scores less points in 2014-2015 than he did in 2013-2014.
wireframe is offline   Reply With Quote