View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:
Default Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers on Steam

Was released yesterday for $10 so I picked it up and tried it. So far have just tried the campaign mode and was pretty fun (if kind of easy on the default archmage level).

I haven't cranked up the AI level either so I can't say if it cheats or not to make it more difficult, but the AI on the normal modes was pretty decent, though I did play against one blue/black deck where the guy had brought out three howling mines (draw more cards) and my black deck had stuff in it to hurt you for discarding cards...

You unlock cards for your deck as you win, and unlock extra decks as well.

Haven't got into it yet but they have a co-op mode as well as challenges and of course a multiplayer mode.

For hard core MtG players this isn't for you since your deck construction and card selection is pretty limited, but for someone like me who used to play looong ago and just wanted to play some without having to know all the newest millions of cards and spend weeks tuning and playtesting a deck this is ideal.. some flexibility to tweak a deck but limited choices so everyone has a chance and it's fun.

So for someone who wants to play a casual game might be worth checking out.