View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #15
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Oh... right... of Type O Negative...

Oh you didn't know!? Your ass better caaaaallllllll somebody!

The lowdown... Type O Negative is a "gothic doom metal" band from brooklyn new york. They've been around since the early 90's, have produced 7 albums, 1 called 'bloody kisses" went platinum, the rest have gone gold. They've had multiple albums chart in the billboard 100, not a small feat for a band in their genre. They've amassed a loyal and cult like following over the years and are well respected for their amazing live shows.

Peter Steele was the singer, songwriter and bassist of the band, known for being so depressed as to make Morrisey look like Richard Simmons. He has an extremely deep barritone voice, somewhat similar to Brad Roberts of the Crash Test Dummies. He was 6'7 and well built. He had his teeth made into vampire fangs. Intimidating looking dude, but a wickedly morbid sense of humor and by all accounts was a great guy.

First heard their cover of Summer Breeze on the I know what you did last summer soundtrack. Blew me and my buddy away. We immediately head to cd plus and he picks up a little cd called October Rust. This was the fall of 97. He throws it in while we're playing video games and I proceed to jizz in my pants.

October Rust is my personal favourite album of all time. The album sounds like it was made in a haunted forest on Halloween night with the blessing of gnomes, fairies and the prince of darkness himself. When I first heard it it was comparable to losing my virginity. It was that good and I was forever changed. I liked rap and top 40 at the time. They changed my musical tastes singlehandedly overnight.

Last edited by icecube; 04-15-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: had to set a brotha straight!
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote