View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #211
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopChed View Post
Yeah, Liverpool already had plenty of possession this season with little to show for it. The positive that I hope to see coming from Brendan Rodgers is what Big Chill mentioned, playing the ball in a more controlled manner when we attack. Playing the long ball up to Carroll should be the last resort play, not option A imo. With Rodgers, I think players will have a much better idea of how to set up in attack. Especially with all the staff he's brought from Swansea. It looks like preparing for each opponent individually is a huge part of Rodgers' tactical approach.
Exactly. We looked lost way too many times under Kenny. I really think Rodgers has a clear approach to the game and will have the players knowing what exactly their roles are out there. And as Locke said, none of this matters if someone can't put the ball in the net.

I'm sure we will be bringing in a striker this summer window, as I think Rodgers will have Suarez starting on the wing like Sinclair or Dyer did for him last season. I also think that is the best position for Suarez as it allows him to cut in and attack the box.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote