View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #25
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Pacific : Pre-UOR
Sonoma: UOR
Lake Superior: UOR/Post Pub 16.

Sonoma was definitely the best time though - me and my buddy created identical characters (same name, hair style, clothes, etc), who were 7x mages and proceeded to exploit that beyond belief.

Basically we'd stack on eachother and face the same direction. It was actually impossible to tell that there was more than one of us, no matter what you did, so if we were doing factions or Order/Chaos, the person attacking us would get double comboed and wonder wtf just happened, because they didn't see more than one person.

We'd also duel people on our character where one would hide at the pre-designated duel site, we'd stack there, get them to flag, and proceed to kill them. It was cheap, but it was absolutely hilarious.

We'd just do random griefy crap too, like Bola someone off their expensive Nightmare, the other one would cast a gate, and we'd bait the Nightmare in, the attacker would run in the gate, and the other person would dispel it, effectively stealing their horse.

That was what made UO fun - the game allowed you to do almost anything you could think of. There wasn't a ton of "end game" content like WoW has, it was all player driven, because they gave the players the tools to do what they wanted.

Did we get what was coming to us when we did stupid crap? Sometimes we did. We took our lumps when they came.

UO was a harsh world. I think most of us experienced walking through a random gate for the first time, only to have someone dispel it on the other side, and having to wait 2 hours for a Game Master to come and move you. But you learned not to do things like that as they occurred to you.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote