View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 10:42 AM   #869
Iceman90
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post
What benefit would there be to sportsnet, hbo or Disney selling their product at a discount through a third party provider? If I'm sportsnet, why should I join Netflix?
One could say the same today. If I an Universal Studios, or Sony Pictures, or MGM why would I stay with Netflix and not do my own streaming service?

I don't think the average consumer wants to subscribe to each channel/content provider's service separately and then remember what is where, or open one app, browse, close it, open another, etc.

For sure there will be some people - like the majority of CP members - who would subscribe to SportsNet at full price and stand alone, because we are sports fans. But many people who watch the occasional game might not, but would take it if it was included with ABC/NBC/CBC which they want to watch their primetime TV shows - for the extra few bucks they can watch the game when they get the urge.

The average CP fan might want to get TSN,SportsNet, Fox Sports, etc. But they might not be willing to pay full price for say the Gameshow Network, or TLC. So the same kind of package would apply here.