View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #87
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
I personally think Yallop is a good manager and the Canadian job is pretty low profile/pay, so I'm not hugely disappointed though certainly a retread isn't ideal.

I think this next cycle will be a tough ask for the Reds no matter who is at the helm but in 6 years we will be a favorite to qualify, with 3 pro academies in the country and a huge selection pool teams like Jamaica and Trinidad are going to be in the rear view mirror very quickly.

Also Rennie needs to go yesterday, he is just a terrible manager. Poor tactician and player manager along with the nepotism he has demonstrated towards former Railhawks and Scottish players has taken a team that was right in the mix a couple steps backwards.

It's a real shame what has happened in Vancouver. 5 or 6 years ago they looked like they would have their own first class stadium and academy and really be at the forefront of developing MNT players. Flash forward a few years and they are a mediocre team with one Canadian who plays for them, irregularly, playing in a huge concrete football stadium with astroturf and basically renovating a couple fields at UBC to be their home base.
I think Rennie is a decent manager, he got the caps into the playoffs last year and was very unlucky not to go through against LA. Vancouver are picking it up again this year they look great going forward but he needs to sort out that defence and goalkeeper
scottish_flame is offline   Reply With Quote