View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #241
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
Quick question. When driving in a playground/school zone during applicable hours, if there's a kid looking to cross the street and is not at a crosswalk, are you supposed to stop and let the kid cross?

I've always been taught as a child to find a crosswalk or play frogger at my peril, but the raving lunatic dad who followed me home thinks different apparently.
Yeah, you have to.

In my experience its a uniquely Albertan thing, but thats the way it works.

My parents arent from Calgary so I was taught the way it works in the rest of the Country and the World, but here in Alberta if someone is trying to cross the road, wherever they are unless its a major road like Macleod or something, they pretty much have the right of way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
This country as a whole babies pedestrians wayy too much, so much so we become dangers to ourselves overseas.

That said, I don't stop for pedestrians unless they're at a corner/crosswalk. People who brake for Jaywalkers are the biggest danger on the road.
I agree and disagree.

I agree with everything you said, it sounds like your experience mirrors mine, but I stop for pedestrians pretty much anywhere and all the time.

I find that in this province we really dont have a choice. If you dont stop for a pedestrian and something happens they'll crucify you.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote