View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #1499
FlamingLonghorn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Yes, and "everyone" agrees that it was simply a bad trial. It unfortunately happens. Now any proof that it had to do with race? (Not saying it was or wasn't, but there's a jump there that should have some proof to back it up).
Well it's nearly impossible to have "proof" that a decision was racist. However, the DA didn't decide to prosecute until a year later. The Georgia Supreme court upheld the conviction in which only one judge dissented (the black one). The jury was given improper instructions. The judge didn't allow the victims violent criminal history to be admitted. Could it have been for other reasons? Possibly, but looking at valo's actual stats it seems awful fishy. The fact is those of us who think the justice system is racially bias have an awful lots of stats to back it up. Those of you who don't like to post one case proving it to not be. All Ark2 did was prove that a court in NY is probably not racist and I don't think anyone is claiming every judge in the US is racist. In fact I would think the NY justice system would probably be one of the more progressive. All in all neither of our cases mean diddly squat. Anecdotal evidence proves nothing. The stats that have been posted by valo and mean are huge studies, I will await the studies that counter them.
FlamingLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote