View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #22
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Here's the location in question: If I were a resident of Markham, I would definitely be concerned about facing the same problems that Glendale is having now. Almost 9 million people live the "Golden Horseshoe" but Markham is on the edge of the high population area.
It's not really that bad though. It would easily draw from Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Newmarket, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby and Oshawa. It's not at all like Glendale when you consider that the people here are hungry for another team and don't need to be convinced.

Markham also has many corporate offices and is growing at a very fast rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotroth View Post
The Markham Chargers is what I've heard the team name could be IF they get a team. Sounds minor league to me.
I think calling them the "Markham" anything would be a mistake. Markham as a stand alone city doesn't identify with a lot of people. They would either have to use Toronto (if they were allowed) or go with Ontario.

If the Coyotes moved there (not that I am advocating it), I would keep that name. It would be a suburban team and the coyote is a common type of suburban wildlife in the area. It would be somewhat fitting.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-27-2012 at 05:00 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote