View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #3610
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
And the more I think about it, I'm not sure what to be more amused or horrified at:

1. The s**tty practice of gimping a version in the first place (and the potential implications of how it was motivated)
2. Being bold enough to slap customers with the bald faced honest (potential money hatting) truth of the original quote.
3. The (somewhat insulting but obviously only recourse) PR spin of "oh yeah, I can totally see how you were confused by the obviously clear and blunt original message."
4. The thought that gimping the performance of the game would help them "avoid the debates and stuff".
5. Or the fact that customers are even more aware of the power disparity of the two systems now given their efforts.

The lead up to the November 11 release date should be even more amusing and horrifying I'd imagine.
You realize Black Flag for PS4 and XB1 was just an upscaled version of the 360/PS3 versions. It's pretty obvious that Ubisoft's current engine is kind of plateaued if they can't get better than 30 fps out of either version. If you are Ubisoft there's no way you ship a product at lower visual standards than is possible in this competitive market where other games are trumpeting visual bells and whistles. IMO it's the last gen games that are crippling things as they are still basing the game on that engine.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote