View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #33
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
Is that what it sounded like? lol Maybe you should setup another home theater demonstration...

How you came to that conclusion is mind bottling. The OP seems to be doing this on a regular basis and is in need of new material.

I had no idea that people need to showoff their media in a 1-5 minute intervals. I too have a nice setup, but I have never once, ever, displayed it's full power for all to bask in. If I did, their heads would explode.
As the OP, it is both for me. Overall, the best enjoyment of a nice setup is to actually enjoy the nice set up; you know, to watch it and enjoy it. As a family and even with the teenagers and their specific groups of friends, they will often sit long term and enjoy and watch.

However, when friends come over with their kids, we don't get 2 hours to sit and watch a show or hockey game uninterrupted. The idea of 1-5 minute demos is like listening to a song that you really like through a great sound system; you want to hear the whole album but you only have enough uninterrupted time to listen to one song or a couple of songs from different artists. Guests (all the time) want to see and hear something that will blow them away in small bite sized chunks because that is all the time that they can commit to.

Hence, my request for a "greatest hits" of audio and video greatness. Selfishly, I also wanted some new scenes/movies for myself too!

Thanks to everyone for their awesome suggestions so far!