View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 06:34 AM   #1633
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
It's definitely frustrating but the rules have been "broken" in two very different ways. Everton, Leicester and Forest have all submitted their books that clearly show they have breached the rules they had a vote in adopting. It's a case of pleading guilty and hoping for leniency when the PL administers a punishment.

In contrast, City have submitted books that show no breaches and the PL is claiming that this is a result of falsifications (i.e. numerous breaches). City is claiming innocence and the PL has to build a complex case and successfully prove this case (i.e. the incidence of 115 breaches). That takes a ton of time.
Apparently that case was supposed to be dealt with by June. I’m not sure about that, but hopefully. And then you have Chelsea. They’ve admitted fault, and pretty clearly have huge FFP issues these days, and still manage to fly under the radar.

The entire RA era is questionable. Then you have the transfer from Roman to Boehly (which is Saudi backed anyway) and it’s pretty gross how the league has let this type of thing happen. My biggest annoyance with that is that Chelsea owed Roman about $1.5b and it just got swept under the rug and disappeared. How can that be? How do you just absolve the debt and how is that not a clear violation of FFP?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote