View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

When using the phrase #1 center I personally don't think there are 30 guys in the league and certainly not everyone has one that would fit into that category. Of course the argument of technically there are 30 #1 centers in the league comes up but that seems pretty useless to me but some seem to find something in it, maybe because it allows them to pump up their guy more easily.

For me a number center has to be elite or very good (if defensively proficient) to be considered a number 1 center.

Out of your lists for me I would say with out a doubters are:

Getzlaf E.Staal Toews Datsyuk Zetterberg Kopitar Tavares Spezza Giroux Crosby Malkin Thornton Stamkos H.Sedin

These guys all for me are no doubt top of the league the best guys at their position that can carry not only a line but a team. Thornton is just in there and likely gone after this year and Bergeron is so close that I think I am wrong for keeping him out.

Damn impressive and you can win if they have some help around them probably still #1's but below the above group:

Bergeron M.Richards

Young guys who need a year or two to show they are there:

J.Staal Duchene Seguin Nugent-Hopkins

Tweeners not quite #1's in my books but damn good #2's wouldn't want them as the best player on my team if competing for a Cup:

Krecji, Koivu, Kesler, Backstrom, Couture

Not #1's at all in my view:

Ribero Backes Lecavalier B. Richards Hodgson Stastny O'Reilly Dubinsky Plekanec Zajac Henrique Stepan Turris Pavelski Bozak Little

Mine is probably broken down a little too much but I do like the idea of playing for a top team in the conference idea.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post: