View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 08:42 AM   #338
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well the energy efficient guys came by last night and replaced 33 incandescent light bulbs with LED's. They missed a few in some of our lamps around the house, which is mildly annoying but not a big deal. Some of the light fixtures they opened, they put back crooked which is now a project for me to straighten them.

They offered to replace the aerators on our faucets, which we declined. Because of a comment made in this thread earlier on, I went to the trouble of taking my Nest off and putting on an older thermostat before they came. However, they didn't look at it or offer anything to replace it, so once they left I put the Nest back. The older one was programmable so maybe that had something to do with it.

They don't offer replacement weather stripping or anything like that.

They were polite and courteous, mentioned that the interactions they've had so far in people's homes have been generally positive. At the end there was a short survey that took about 2 minutes to complete.

They emphasized multiple times that everything they had done is absolutely free, because I guess there are some scam artists out there who are following them around and presenting people with a bill after they leave.

Over 120,000 households in the province signed up for this program, which is more than ten times what the projected number was, according to them. The guys that came to our place said they generally stay in one quadrant of the city and can do about 5 houses per day. Yesterday, out of 5 houses, one cancelled about an hour before, and one told them, "no, we're good, our house is already efficient" when they arrived.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote