View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #1196
cupofjoe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So a few questions I have:
- Where's the best place to buy TV's these days? (Best Buy, Visions, elsewhere?) Costco
- What's the deal with 4K? I'm hearing conflicting things on if it's needed. Lack of content/bandwidth seems like it's not ready for prime time yet. It is more about the HDR (High Dynamic Range) than 4k. Best source is UHD Bluray followed a distance by Netflix 4k (some titles have hdr) and Amazon Prime. NVidia Shield is a good media player to deliver this. 4k tv's are getting down in price. If HDR is important to you, use rtings site to find a particular model.

- Best brands/brands to avoid? (We've had good experience with Samsung sets over the years) Crapshoot, buy an extended warranty, tv's are not particularily reliable these days
- Recommended screen type, I'm thinking LED, but open to suggestions[/QUOTE] LED is much more economical than OLED, plasma are no longer manufactured.

In regard to curved tv's, IMO curved = gimmick, not a big fan. They are already starting to leave the market and I wouldn't be surprise if they are gone by 2018-19.

Last edited by cupofjoe; 03-16-2017 at 02:45 PM.
cupofjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cupofjoe For This Useful Post: