View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 05:34 PM   #4726
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
What? Who is this Elmer bandwagon clown? Eleventy years later, he (or rather, it) decides to come here and start posting again, and trying to convince a rival fanbase that the Oilers are some great team once again to be feared? Seriously?

Oilerfan #81 has always posted here during that time, and on top of that, was a valuable member of this forum. Though he doesn't post as often any longer, he was always here.

Ruttiger, Stang, heck even everyone's most annoying troll AlbertaOiler72 have been around here quite a lot. There's probably 10 good posters that make this thread interesting, and contribute regularly to the forum - and most importantly, were longtime loyal Oiler fans (how misplaced this loyalty notwithstanding ), but the last thing I will be paying heed to is the onrush of no-good, bandwagon Oiler fans who have just newly discovered their love for that sad-sack of a team and coming in droves to gloat, troll and (worst of all) try to 'teach' us about their glorious (crappy) team.

I will just start putting all you guys on ignore one by one as you come in. The existing members that have come on here through the years where the Oilers were laughing stock after laughing stock - you guys deserve some credit for that. Kudos to you guys for finally having a team you can cheer for this late in the season.

To all newcomers and resurrected accounts - stick with the Oilers forums where your bandwagon, smug and lack of insight butts belong.

I can respect the guys who have been here for a long time, and through no sane reason continued to come here and post (and often, contribute well). You guys are real fans, though I absolutely hate your team and still say they suck
I've posted on other threads here and PM a few members the last couple years.. but sure go with that. Not once today have I bragged about edmonton just defended their record and stated I enjoy reading the echo chamber bias in this thread... responses like this are the main reason I have never bother posting previously but sure rant away..