View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 06:52 PM   #16
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am struggling with this a lot right now.

I manage a private middle school program. My work is meaningful, I get lots of respect from those I work with and the community of parents, I have loads of control over my work life, the compensation is good and I have about four months of paid vacation in a year, but I don't feel satisfied at all right now. I first became a head of a school when I was just 26 and this will be my seventh year in leadership. My current program is something that I have led the build up of from scratch into what is now a stable and thriving program with very positive feedback from students, parents and staff - and I feel totally demotivated because I don't see a lot of personal growth for me from here going forward.

I feel like when I take a step back and look at what my career provides me with it's hard not to see it as really enviable, but I don't feel the passion. I chose education as a career field because I wanted to be in a field where I'm helping people and where I was working for something much more important than money. I feel that all the time in my work, but I also feel like I'm ready for a new life challenge. At the same time, I worry that I'm not going to find anything much better than where I'm at.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote