View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #24
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
I'm for basic income.

I'm not for this pilot project. Sell me on this pilot project where we find 4000 people and pay them a BI for 3 years (at the cost of 150 million dollars). What data are we hoping to obtain? What analysis could be done?

My opinion is this: Because no trade-offs are being assessed, this is literally just "Does free money improve outcomes?" The answer to that is unequivocally YES.

What am I not seeing in terms of what is being studied with this pilot project as it is being presented?
The analysis is a lot more complex than "Does free money improve outcomes?", it gets into the how much does it improve. The studies in Dauphin, Manitoba in the 70s gave lots of feedback on hospitalization rates, employment participation, education participation etc. These trials should be updating this information for current standards as well as help understand how much secondary costs can be saved.

There are a lot of interesting stories regarding the Mincome studies, both anecdotal from the participants and analytical from the data.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote