View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:35 AM   #56
Benched
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

gotta agree. this is in the 'we call it sometimes, sometimes we don't' part of the rulebook (when it shouldn't be) that is often utilized for game management. If the other team has more skill than you, you can get away with this stuff in order to slow them down or mitigate that skill. Refs can allow it to keep the game close.

IMO it all stems from on high about 'keeping things close' for the sake of 'parity' that the league is so proud of.

If/When they got rid of 'tapping', I think we'd see the stars shine even more and the disparity would be more apparent (which I'd be fine with, but I'm saying the League may not be)

Not sure about you guys, but watching LA & Anaheim & maybe Minni games...they take a LOT of stick liberties, and it makes them more competitive as it slows down faster, more skilled teams, to the point where the game shifts to a slower more physical style which is more in their wheelhouse. Drives me crazy to see it allowed.

As a fan I'd be all for removing it from the game, even if it creates a penalty parade.
Benched is online now   Reply With Quote