View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:21 AM   #55
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
having bought a couple pairs of decent gloves in last few years, i can't believe how amazingly soft and lite they are. And also almost useless protecting my hand in goof ball beer league play. Pros have better gloves, but not much more protective.

Can someone not innovate lite and protective equipment?
The problem is the players need a little flexibility in the gloves to have good control of their shots, and it's hard to get a material that can retain that flexibility and also distribute the force of a slash over a large enough area to reduce the likelihood of breaking a bone.

I think the only solution is to apply the existing rules/penalties to get rid of the slashing. Also, go after the coaches on it - that Minnesota game that resulted in Gaudreau's injury featured so many slashes by so many players that you have to believe it was a coach's directive.

Applying the rules would slow the game down for a while, but you don't see the players hooking and essentially hitching a ride on another player the way it used to be done before the NHL decided to apply the existing rules.
Steve Bozek is offline   Reply With Quote