View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #44
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edn88 View Post
I don't want to get all Don Cherry on this issue, but I don't recall this abundance of slashing during the enforcer era. Unintended outcome (but predictable) is the increase in stick work as a result of no in game policing (ie. when the ref misses something the enforcer takes care of it). Not saying that this is better, but there is a correlation between enforcers going away and stick work going up. Kind of similar to the increase in d-men getting run into boards when hooking and interference were cracked down on.

I do agree however, that the only way to get rid of it is to call everything - if you bring your stick up and wack your opponent with your stick it is a slash - if it is on the equipment or not.
Re bold: is there data to back this up?

Also, I have never understood the enforcer concept. How does enforcer fighting another enforce change the game? It seems to me, and this is totally off the top of my head, that enforcers fought each other. "The Code" stopped them from fighting those that might actually be doing the stick work.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote