View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #615
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Late to the party.

What a fantastic trade. The asking price was pretty high, but I feel the Flames did very well here. Hamonic is exactly what the Flames defense needed: a legitimate top 4 defenseman with a right-handed shot and bit of an edge to his game. He's 26 and on a decent contract, you can't really ask for more here. He should be a great fit and IMO the Flames now have one of the best top 4s in the league. Giordano/Hamilton - Brodie/Hamonic is scary good.

Since the Isles originally asked for two 1sts, it was pretty clear that the 2018 1st would be a part of this deal ... what makes it a win for me is the fact that Treliving again managed to get a top 4 defenseman without having to give up a top prospect and/or young impact player. Yes, the Flames are bleeding draft picks right now, but I honestly believe that they are in a situation to do that for a year or two in order to make a legitimate push. They have a young core and they have also drafted pretty well lately, so I think the time to do a trade like this is now.

Couldn't be much happier right now. In a perfect world they also re-sign Stone now.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: