View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 12:44 AM   #87
dying4acup
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like the idea of bringing Iginla in for RW depth (not top line). That's all contingent on getting rid of Brouwer. How big a price is too big a price to convince LV that Brouwer is right for them? I wouldn't give up a first, but what is LA offering for LV to take their former captain?

I could live with Stajan for another year, but he isn't playing every game for this team, or this team won't be better.

I think the Flames can find a taker for Bouma. It's 1 year. It's 2.2M. Even if the Flames have to eat half. Their just isn't a role for him in Calgary next year. I wouldn't mind if he's sent to Stockton. I'm betting there is a team that will bite, as he has scored 16 goals in a season.

Gaudreau Monahan Tkachuk
Ferland Backlund Frolik
Bennett Jankowski Versteeg
Chiasson Hamilton Hathaway
Stajan

Giordano Hamilton
Brodie Stone
Kulak Engelland
Wotherspoon/Bartkowski

Bishop/Fleury
Rittich

Not as many changes as most would like to see. But still significant. I think there is 0 chance Elliot is back, and 100% chance that a veteran high price #1 is here next year. Also don't like the idea of Gillies starting less than once/week. So Rittich is my backup. The Flames are less invested in him, and he's more of a finished product.

And to conclude, I bring Engelland back for 1 year. I don't think there are offers for multiple years because 35+ contracts are damning. It might cost 2.5-3M. But I do not see the Flames tied down to 2 young unproven D next year.
dying4acup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dying4acup For This Useful Post: