Old 04-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #40
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gaudreau/Monahan/Ferland
Tkachuk/Backlund/Frolik
Jankowski/Bennett/Versteeg
Bouma/Stajan/Lazar

This is the forward group I see. Brouwer ends up in LV and nobody is trading for Stajan or Bouma given their contracts.

Gio/Hamilton
Brodie/Stone
Andersson/Bartkowski
Kulak

Bart has played well enough as a 5-6 guy and Rasmus is ready. Kulak stays as the extra and Stone is back.

Fleury
Johnson

It was rumoured earlier this year that Fleury had Calgary as one of the teams he would not move to. I think Fleury at this point just wants a starting role on a team that isn't basement material. As much sense as it makes for him to force the Pens to buy him out I don't think that is happening. He has a great relationship with the organization and I think he will waive to come here. Even if he does get bought out his choices will be very limited, actually probably to two teams, Dallas and Calgary. I think Dallas has their sights on Ben Bishop. If he accepts the trade here on his current contract it becomes almost a perfect timeline with two years left and Gillies/Parsons in the wings. Johnson is a more than adequate backup who will come back on the cheap while Gillies hones his craft in the AHL.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote