View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, here's the thing.

Quote:
In letters to government, the society said the “homosexual lifestyle” is “sinful, unwise, unnatural, unholy and unhealthy,”
This is dumb. But it's par for the course as far as backwards evangelical Christian buffoonery goes. It's almost comforting to think "wow, it's been a while since I've heard some idiot say being gay is 'unnatural'". I used to hear that five times a week." Not much can be done there, just ignore them.
Quote:
and said it will tell any students who identify as LGBTQ the “lifestyle” is dangerous. The society also said transgender people have a “mental illness” that can be “overcome” with biblical counselling, said the report.
This, meanwhile, is clearly mendacious, and I'd be interested in hearing what the difference is between this school's teachers telling kids this and and James Keegstra telling his students that the holocaust was a Jewish conspiracy. I'm not sure I'm a fan of section 319, but it is the law, and I'm just not so sure I see a real distinction here.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: