View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #62
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I wonder if this will backfire. Dentists will still charge high rates, and insurance companies will decide to only cover up to the fee guide cost. Then we are left on the hook for the rest.

My insurance has already decided to cut back from 6 months to 1 year between visits.

A) This is already how it works. There is a set standardized cost by location ( I think it is by city or by postal code), and insurance companies will cover up to that, the remainder isn't. This obviously isn't how all plans work, but there is already the "fee guide" out there, it just isn't published like it used to

B) Your insurance coverage is your employer's decision for everything, including time between checkups and cleanings, and even things like how many units of scaling to cover and when. Every insurance plan will offer whatever coverage your employer wants to pay for.
Mine and my wife's plans through Sunlife are completely different in so many ways, you'd think they were different companies. All depends on what the employer wants to pay for and what features they want to offer. Even the options available on the website change from employer to employer.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote